As a fledgling publication we are not yet able to provide compensation for your work, only undying gratitude and admiration.
We do not believe in silent rejections, we respond to all submissions. Our response time is about four weeks. Usually sooner.
- We accept flash fiction, short stories, poetry, videos, and cover art. See categories below for specific guidelines.
- We cannot accept BIO updates. We understand that as an author your BIO is always changing, but we CANNOT commit the time to revise something every time you get published elsewhere.
- We have rolling submissions. This means we have a continuous open call for material. Please space out your submissions.
- DO NOT PULL A BAIT AND SWITCH. If we accept the work that you submitted then that is the work that we want. We are willing to accept only minimal edits.
- No previously published material, this includes social networks and blogs.
- We accept simultaneous submissions. We encourage them. We know that the odds are never in our favor as writers and hope that this evens the playing field a bit. We only ask you to notify us if your work is accepted elsewhere.
When I was a kid, some neighbors of mine had a poster of Ernest P. Worrell over the toilet of their guest bathroom. I don't know why. Maybe he was their savior or whatever. I think I probably cried the first time I saw it. Shut up. I was, like, 5 or 6, I think? Either way, it scared the shit out of me—his big, goofy face staring over me, waiting to reach through the 24x36 and pull me into whatever hellscape existed beyond the 2-D image of himself.
So, that's it. That's your prompt. What pop culture (fill in the blank, whatever) scares the shit out of you? Maybe it's a person, a movie, a show, a song (I also used to be afraid of the song that played during Ghostbusters when the ghosts were set free from the holding container thing and started terrorizing NY as Sigourney Weaver wore that red dress and stared out from her apartment window). Whatever it is, I wanna know so I can use it against you later hahahahahahah ok bye.
This SCARED STUPID submission period will be read by D.T. Robbins.(twitter.com/dt_robbins) Submissions close September 20.